Good morning, afternoon, evening readers!
Do you remember last week’s inspiration?
Well, I told you guys I’d post a tutorial if I figured it out. And I did! So here’s what I call a ‘lace knot braid’, because it’s not actually a traditional braid – it uses knotting techniques. Now, I discovered that as a newbie blogger, I don’t have the resources to take proper photos of myself doing the intricate details of the blog,
Here we go:
1. Take a small section of hair and split it into two strands.
2. Taking the strand furthest from your face, wrap it around the other strand and tie a knot. Pull it tight.
3. Join the two strands together and pick up a new strand. Wrap this around the strand you just created and tie a second knot. Pull it tight.
4. Repeat step 3 as many times as you like until you get the desired look.
5. Secure at the end with bobby pins or a small elastic.
I realised after I finished writing this that I was wrapping my knotted strands under instead of over, but you still get a fun new braid to try! I think it works either way 🙂
If you give this a go, let me know in the comments, or tag me on Instagram: @asteriskthat
I’m also happy to try and clarify if you find anything unclear.
Love and waves,