A while ago I posted a picture of my hair in a French braid on my Instagram page, asking people to ‘like’ if they wanted a tutorial. And then almost two months passed. Well, today’s the day and here’s the tutorial of how to get a braid out of chin-length waves. It’s pretty easy, the tricky part is pinning up all the short strands at the nape of the neck.
Bobby pins x lots
Hair tie x 1
1. Take a section of hair towards the hairline. In this picture I took it off to the side and braided diagonally, but you can start in the centre too – this style is all about the texture and getting the hair off your face.
2. Split the section into three parts and do one stitch of a braid (one side over the middle, the other side over the new middle).
3. Take a new section of hair from the hairline to the braid and add it to the outer strand. Bring the strand with the added hair over the middle strand, making it the new centre strand.
4. Repeat until you run out of hair long enough to add to the French braid and tie off the end with a hair tie.
5. With the remaining hair, take it in random sections and start twisting them and pinning them until they are all up and out of the way.
6. Appreciate your effort with a selfie and tag me on Instagram if you have a go (@asteriskthat).
I apologise for the lack of images to help with the instructions; I’m hoping to film a tutorial for this simple braid soon.
Love and waves,